Monday, February 25, 2008

Chinese Mainland Culture Night

There are heaps of exchange students and full time students from mainland China who live in the student halls, and they recently had a night of showing off their culture.


I can't remember the english word, but this instrument is AWESOME!!! it's basically a cross between a cello and a guitar, and sounds beautiful. And i was allowed to have a go!


A sexy fan dance thing.


Recently there's been alot of press about Steven Spielberg ditching the Olympics. I read a hilariously propaganda loaded chinese paper that had an article about how Spielberg made the decision because of his western imperialist mentality.
In the same paper i've read articles about how the Dalai Llama is evil.
This is Joey holding some Tibetan yak butter tea. I had to drink it as part of my tea tourism, but i think it broke my stomach for the last four days. But no regrets! Who needs a stomach when you have at least partially digested the lactic excretion of a magestic yak!!!
Anyway, I asked the Tibet stall if Tibet was really part of China, and they said yes. Then i walked away before the thought police heard me.
(also, read Joey's shirt closely.)







2 comments:

Henry said...

Hey FLEA!

I'm back in oz so I am going to comment obsessively on your blog so you don't think that only your mum reads it.

Also, I'm going to have to go around to your mum's house to give back that lovely bag you lent me. It was great and I didn't break it.

Henry

Daniel said...

Hey flea
I am so envious of all the food you are eating.
Damn you!