Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tai O!

It's exam break now, and nothing much to do, so i went with my classmate Priscilla to Tai O which is an old fishing village on Lantau Island. It's like the opposite of the rest of Hong Kong because it's so relaxed, and there's lots of old people everywhere just chilling or asleep on benches. It kind of reminds me of Bribie Island, or my parents, or both. Although there was one old man on a bench who when we first walked past looked like he was asleep or dead, but on the way back was a bit more lively, and he engaged me in conversation for a while and suggested i move to China for the rest of my life.



The biggest tourist attraction in Tai O is the pink dolphins. And i saw some! and they really are pink! I tried to take a photo because they're SO spectacular, but it was hard to get the timing right. This is a photo of the pink dolphin swimming under the water, about to jump out and reveal it's glorious pink colour.

Some fish, just hanging out.


Havn't seen this much in Hong Kong - lovely fresh veges! awesome!



Who wants shrimp paste????!!!


Or salty dried egg yolks?!!! good price for you!!!





No comments: